Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Summer is Set to Begin!

Ahhhh......

That time of year again.

The blessed time of year when we are temporarily childless. That glorious time of year when I can shower with the doors to the bathroom open, start a load of laundry at 10pm (the washer/dryer are located in a second closet in her bedroom), and eat nothing but salads for dinner!

Of course, we have to get through this week first.

I had play practice on Sunday afterooon, rehearsal for a theater program Sunday night, a meeting for the chorale I perform in last night, play practice tonight, final dress rehearsal for the program tomorrow night, Pip's dance recical on Thursday night, Friday night is the program I've been rehearsing for, and Saturday is a trip to the chiropractor, and a writer's forum I've been invited to.

Also-- Pip flies out on Saturday.

Her week goes like this: Dance recital practice this past Saturday afternoon, laundry/packing Sunday, dance rehearsal last night, date with boyfriend tonight, dress rehearsal for dance recital tomorrow night, dance recital Thursday night, date with Daddy Friday afternoon, date with boyfriend Friday night, flying to her mother's house on Saturday.

And from there, the summer will whiz on by and I'll be blogging that her return is just around the corner and I haven't even set up her senior pictures yet.

My Oma always told me that the reason that old people drive so slowly is that as you age, time speeds up and it's physically impossible to drive faster than 25mph when your life is flashing before your eyes.

I'm beginning to believe her.

3 comments:

Kimba said...

Ugh! Kaitlyn leaves on Saturday too...today's her last day o'school. Hubby is working 15 hour days every day this week. Crazy. Miss ya!

Dapoppins said...

Smart Oma.

I think I need to take a nap now. Too much singing and dancing goinging on around here.

visiting by way of Kimba's side bar.

fin said...

your oma's a hoot.

ok, so I saw this ad that I haven't been able to "catch" to send to you.

i would email or post it but it's too damned long and not funny in print.

remind me to tell you about it the next time I see you.