Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A Birthday SpotBot

So, due to the fact that my husband has to work the evening of my birthday and Pip has a dance rehearsal, we celebrated the glorious date of my birth on Monday night instead of Thursday night. Dinner was pretty good and damn expensive.

We got home and they made me unwrap my birthday presents. My hubby finally listened to me and he got me a SpotBot! I have been looking at these since they came on the market, to be honest with you.

Generally he has difficulty in purchasing things like this for Christmas and my birthday, as he feels that they don't convey the correct sentiment. I say, "Who the hell cares?". He bitched and moaned when I said that I'd really like a new ironing board and refused to buy me one (until I came back from Meijer with the second new iron in four months since the ironing board kept tipping over and breaking the iron). He refused to get me the deviled-egg holders I wanted another year. His mom (probably thinking that I was a nutjob) got me two for my birthday one year. Now I can take up to 36 deviled eggs to a potluck without getting friggin' deviled egg all over the car! (Always an interesting smell on day 1, imagine baked-in-the-car deviled egg going on day 7.)

Thanks to the SpotBot, I can clean that mess, too!

Since he doesn't think that domestic items are gift worthy, I also got the entire "Young Ones" series on DVD. ((For those of you born after 1980, "The Young Ones" was a British comedy series that used to air on MTV. It was about a group of misfit university students in London and it was absolutely hysterical.))

3 comments:

Kimba said...

You are sooo bringing the Young Ones with you next time you visit!! I'm soooo jealous!!! (ok, what the heck is a spotbot?) I thought of you yesterday when I found "Modern Girls" on TV...it was so wierd to watch it alone!

Kimmer said...

A SpotBot is a small carpet cleaner that will scrub the "spot" on it's own. You just fill it with solution, set it on the spot, and it'll take care of the cat vomit stain on the carpet.

Sure, it isn't sexy, but I HATE scrubbing the carpet!

Should I also bring the boxed set of 'Dangermouse' that I got for Christmas?

Kimba said...

Crumbs DM! Crikey! You bet!!